Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Community Task Force
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Community Task Force
Purpose and Charge
Build relationships among members and leaders of the community (bringing together a diverse group of people--city, business, community members, schools, the faith-based community, cultural, etc.) to support the Bentonville Together initiative.
The task force will seek to examine and address issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion within the City of Bentonville with the goal of ensuring the City of Bentonville is welcoming to all and all feel a part of the community.
Working together, the City will coordinate, encourage, and implement initiatives and activities to learn, listen, and lead (Document Attached) to promote an inclusive community that reflects the rich and diverse experiences and cultures in our city.
Phase one of the Mayor's DEI Community Task Force will include:
- Support/Co Facilitate community listening sessions
- Help promote educational/cultural lectures, events, and activities
- Gather and review data on relevant diversity topics
- Establish closer, regular communication, and consultation between DEI City Employee Resource Group and Advisory Board on issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion that affect the city as a whole
- Build a stronger relationship with the City of Bentonville Police Department, public offices, community safety organizations, and diverse individuals of our community
The DEI Task Force is comprised of members of the City of Bentonville and represented each ward and ex officio City Officials.
Members will serve terms up to three (1) year terms, with a possibility to renew to allow cycling on/off the Bentonville DEI Community Taskforce.
The Mayor's DEI Community Taskforce will meet once a month for and support community listening and feedback sessions as available with city officials.
Note: The task force will create subcommittees with additional members as needed for special topics. All meetings will be open, and the public is welcome to attend.
Candidates interested in applying for the DEI Community Task Force should fill out the online application.
The selection committee will review the recommended applicants for appointment by the Mayor. Deadline for submission is August 15, 2020.