Most applications are only accepted through the city's online eTrakit system. Many applications are accepted with a Public User account in eTrakit. However, some applications require a Registered User account. To become a Registered User, please contact our office at 479-271-3108.
To learn more about eTrakit, visit the "Using eTrakit" page for useful guides and tutorials.
Building & Fire Safety Permit Applications
The Building & Fire Safety Department accepts applications for all buildings and structures. For more information about each permit, visit the Building & Fire Safety Permit Applications page.
- For building and fire safety permits, apply online through eTrakit. These applications require a Registered User Account. Please call 479-271-3108 to obtain a Registered User account.
Code Compliance Applications
A Code Compliance Application must be submitted prior to applying for a commercial addition permit, commercial remodel permit, tenant infill permit, or sign permit.
- For code compliance, apply online through eTrakit. These applications are accepted with a Public User account.
All new signs, replacement of sign faces and remodel or renovation of signs must first obtain a sign permit. Visit the Sign Code page for more details on sign regulations and application requirements.
- For a sign permit, apply online through eTrakit. This applications requires a Registered User account. Please call 479-271-3108 to obtain a Registered User account.
Fence Permit Application
Before constructing a new fence, replacing or extending an existing fence, a fence permit is required. Submit the fence permit application to the Building & Fire Safety department at 305 SW A Street. $30 fee must be paid in advance by check or money order.
- For a fence permit, download the fence permit application (PDF).
The Engineering department accepts applications for grading permits, retaining wall permits, and floodplain permits. Visit the Engineering Department page for additional details.
- For an easement-alley vacation, grading permit, retaining wall permit or floodplain permit, apply online through eTrakit.
- To apply for any of these with a paper copy, click on the applicable link below.
The Planning Department accepts applications for large scale developments, lot splits, property line adjustments, preliminary plats and final plats.
The Planning Department accepts applications for rezonings, conditional uses, land use plan amendments and variances.