The City of Bentonville participates in the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s National Flood Insurance Program and the Community Rating System. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has identified Special Flood Hazard Areas (SFHA) on Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRM) for the City of Bentonville. A Floodplain Development Permit is required for any construction on properties located within a SFHA. It applies to all structural development, placement of manufactured structures, clearing, grading, mining, drilling, dredging, placement of fill, excavating, watercourse alteration, drainage improvements, roadway or bridge construction, individual water or sewer installations or any other development in a Special Flood Hazard Area. Participation in the Community Rating System (CRS) program mitigates home and business damage by flooding. Please click here for additional information on flooding.

For information regarding Public Outreach, please visit the "Quick Links" section of this webpage.


  • Protect human life and health;
  • Protect natural floodplains against unwise development;
  • Eliminate adverse impacts of necessary floodplain development;
  • Minimize expenditure of public monies on flood control projects;
  • Minimize the need for rescue and relief efforts associated with flooding and generally undertaken at the expense of the general public;
  • Minimize prolonged business interruptions due to flooding events;
  • Minimize damage to public facilities and utilities such as water and gas mains, electric, telephone and sewer lines, streets and bridges located in Special Flood Hazard Areas;
  • Minimize future flood blight areas to help maintain a stable tax base;
  • Provide for notice to potential buyers when property is in a Special Flood Hazard Area.

Additional Information

For more information or help with the following items, please contact the Stormwater Coordinator.

  • Elevation Certificate
  • Reading Maps
  • Technical Assistance on Property Protection
  • Information regarding Flood Insurance
  • Floodplain Development Permit
  • Flooding Issues
  1. Dan Weese

    City Engineer

  2. Janet Paith

    Storm Water Coordinator

  3. Engineering

    Physical Address
    3200 SW Municipal Drive
    Bentonville, AR 72712

    Mailing Address
    117 W. Central Ave
    Bentonville, AR 72712

    Phone: 479-271-3168

Flood Hotline:

Phone: 479-271-3168