Floodplain Development Permit
Floodplain Permits must be applied for online via eTrakit system.
Floodplain Development Permit shall be required for any structural development, placement of manufactured structures, clearing, grading, mining, drilling, dredging, placement of fill, excavating, watercourse alteration, drainage improvements, roadway or bridge construction, individual water or sewer installations and other activities must be approved via the current Floodplain Development Permit Application prior to any work within the Special Flood Hazard Area. There are five main phases to the floodplain development permit process; Application, review and approval, routine inspections, documentation, and a site final to close out the permit. If approved, a copy of the floodplain development permit or permit card shall be posted at or near the street right-of-way line and shall be clearly visible from the street.
Before submitting your application, please be sure to submit ALL of the required documents as shown on the permit application and Art. 1500.14 of the Land Development Code (LDC). An incomplete application will not be processed. For additional information please visit the City of Bentonville Floodplain Webpage.
- When do I need to apply for a Floodplain Development Permit?
- Please read LDC 1500, link is provided under the "Regulatory" section of this webpage.
- What documents are required for submission?
- Please read LDC 1500 and review the Floodplain Development Permit Application. A list of items required is included in both areas. Please note that only complete applications will be processed, so be sure that you double check the items required.
- When can I start work?
- Once you have received conformation that your application has been processed and approved, you may start work given that there are no special conditions required. A copy of the Floodplain Development Permit or Permit Card shall be posted at or near the street right of way line and shall be clearly visible from the street.
- How does the permit need to be closed out?
- Routine inspections and additional documentation maybe required for your project. In order to closeout (final) the project a final inspection maybe required. Please contact the Floodplain Administrator for project specific information.