The Training Unit is responsible for maintaining all training records for each sworn member of the Department and ensuring compliance with CLEST standards for the state.
We believe in life-long learning and during your career with the Bentonville Police Department you will receive regular in-service training and opportunities to attend training specific to your career goals and assignments.
Training is important to every aspect of police work and we continually update all of our programs to make sure we are implementing the best practices.
With the support of the community, a bond extension was approved in 2021. Included in the bond was the addition of a law enforcement training facility. The Law Enforcement Training Facility will be incorporating the latest technology to enhance public safety.
The Training Facility will include:
- A virtual de-escalation and judgmental use-of-force training simulator
- A live outdoor range
- K9 training area
- Training building used to house range equipment
- Open area for specialty training
Vira-Tra De-escalation Simulator
- Received January 31, 2022
- Installation and training took place from 1/31/2022 to 2/4/2022
- The system is operational and we will be utilizing this immediately for in-service training, Citizens Police Academy, and other Community Engagement programs.
- Currently set up at the Bentonville Police Department
Benefits - Simulation Training - VirTra Simulation V-300
- VirTra helps prepare law enforcement officers for real-life incidents so they can return home safely after each shift. Each real-world, de-escalation and judgmental use of force training simulator has realistic scenarios that provide an in-depth look into human performance. The demands of law enforcement to make critical decisions in tense, uncertain and rapidly evolving situations require that the human performance aspect of cognitive neuroscience and human physiology are taken into account as part of the police training. This will allow our officers to utilize all tools available during simulation, which may be limited or unable to duplicate on just a live-fire range.
- This equipment and facility would be available for other agencies to utilize to benefit the NW Arkansas law enforcement region.
- Continuous use available for in-house training, Citizens Police Academies, Youth Academies, and public education.
- 5 screens- 4k technology - system includes numerous scenarios incorporating programs specific to firearms and teaching some of the latest law enforcement training. Examples include the following: Implicit Bias Training under Use of Force Training/ Scenarios (partnered with Force Science), Autism Awareness Training, Officer Communication Skill Sets, Crisis De-Escalation, Crisis Intervention Training, Active Shooter Scenarios, High-Risk Vehicle Stops, Mental Illness, etc.
- V-VICTA™ training is included with the system and provides law enforcement departments all the necessary tools to instill proper training and knowledge transfer to its students. The accredited interactive coursework that accompanies the scenarios for the full training program for a turn-key solution that:
- Enables law enforcement agencies to teach effectively, train, test, and sustain departmental training requirements
- Includes Interactive Virtual Coursework with a Master Manual with Pretest, PowerPoint, Test Answer Keys and Student Manual, and Post Test.
- Outdoor range with 60 ft bullet trap to capture all lead. This keeps the range within best management practices according to EPA in regards to reclamation and recycling.
- The outdoor setup allows the facility to be used for many types of training events to include K9 training, less-lethal training, and various courses of instruction specific to law enforcement.
- 40 ft x 60 ft x16 ft steel building will house target equipment and an indoor virtual simulator that can be used anytime by officers 24/7.
- Will allow Police Department to continue to meet the State of Arkansas, Commission on Law Enforcement Standards and Training (CLEST), and Bentonville Police Department internal standards for firearms training, while increasing opportunities for advanced training.
K9 Obstacle Course
Our progress can be tracked by clicking the link below.