Bentonville, Arkansas…The City of Bentonville will start its annual fall leaf curbside pickup on Monday, November 28, 2022. Leaf collection this year will be done by call in or e-mail notification similar to last year. The program specific phone number and e-mail address are listed below. The program will start Monday, November 28 and run through Friday, December 9. This collection is for bagged leaves only. All bags shall be securely closed and placed near the curb or edge of street. Please do not place bags in ditches or other areas where they may adversely affect drainage or present a safety hazard. City crews will not collect bags that have not been scheduled through the program specific contacts. Property owners are responsible for disposal of leaves outside of the collection program.
Rules for this program are as follows:
- Do not call or e-mail to schedule collection until bags are at the curb and ready to be picked up. Once an address is scheduled, please allow 24 to 48 hours for pick up.
- Leaves Only. No waste other than leaves will be collected. No limbs, brush, grass, or garbage will be collected.
- Leaves shall be bagged. Owner is responsible for bags. The City does not supply or sell bags for this program.
- This program applies only to single family and duplex residential properties. Commercial properties and apartment complexes are not included in this program.
- All bags shall be securely closed and placed within 10’ from curb or edge of pavement/street. Please place at a location away from your normal trash collection.
- Do not place bags in drainage ditches. Place on top of bank away from street.
- City forces will not enter private property to collect bags. Bags not placed near street will not be collected.
- Property owners are responsible for disposal of leaves outside of the collection program.
- City crews will not collect bags that have not been scheduled via email or voice calls through the contacts listed below.
Please follow the steps below to ensure collection and an efficient program:
1. Rake/collect leaves and bag in sturdy bags.
2. Place bags as outlined in rules above.
3. Call or e-mail program specific contacts to schedule collection. Please do not schedule in both formats.
4. Allow 24-48 hours for collection.
Citizens should use the following program specific contacts to schedule a pickup:
For more information regarding this program or if you have questions, please contact Public Works Maintenance at 479-418-8688.
In addition, citizens may dispose of leaves themselves at the City’s Compost Facility at 2000 NW A Street. The Compost Facility hours are Monday – Saturday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. The facility accepts grass, leaves, limbs, and brush from Bentonville residents with a copy of a utility bill and photo ID. The Compost Facility will be closed on Thursday, November 24, and Friday, November 25 in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday. The facility will be open normal operating hours (8 a.m. – 4 p.m.) on Saturday, November 26.